Saturday, 19 November 2016

You Can Go Home Again

This is basically a check-in, an update, since life has been hectic over the past four weeks.

I moved house and came back to Glasgow to work. My new job is a bit more challenging on several levels and although I'm very happy to pick up some of the threads from six years ago, I was also pleased to pay a very brief return visit to Elgin this week. My librarian colleague and I were delivering a presentation on a school project on mental health and it was a great pleasure to be welcomed back by so many of the kids.

You can read about it here: http://www.scottishbooktrust.com/blog/teachers-librarians/2016/11/getting-grounded-elgin-academy%E2%80%99s-mental-health-awareness-project

I was sorry to see Bronze Age Babies announcing an indefinite hiatus but I have still been following Kid, Steve, Rip Jagger and others. During the past few weeks, however, I simply haven't had time, really, to post about reading a Marvel Giant-Size Chillers at Hallowe'en; watching Dr. Strange at the Grosvenor Cinema in the West End; the third Doom Coalition box set from Big Finish; the homages to the Marvel Bullpen in Michel Faber's Book of Strange New Things or Nick Spencer's Captain America: Sam Wilson. 

There may be posts on these topics -although my first parents night falls this week- but I hope to be here more regularly in future. Certainly, after Xmas, I hope to write about Gerry Anderson's Into Infinity aka The Day After Tomorrow; the Spider-Man annual 1977; Spock Must Die!; the Spy Smasher movie serial and the 2016 Dr. Who Xmas Special, at first sight a pastiche of Marvel movies.


The world will hear from me again.

DC

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention, Dougie. It's nice to know your blogging days aren't over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also thanks for the mention, Dougie. Must feel a bit strange to be back in your old stomping grounds, eh? When my family moved back to the house I now live in after over four years, I was so glad to be back that I didn't miss the house (or neighbourhood) we'd vacated. 20 years passed before I started to miss that other house and now I think of it often. Strange, eh? At some stage, you'll probably find yourself missing Elgin more than you thought you would.

    ReplyDelete